Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A Departure From Christmas

Well, hello again to everyone who thought I have been dead for the past few weeks. I've wanted to post, but the right words never came, plus I've had Pneumonia, so when the words did come they were drowned out by coughing. Or as the professionals call it: "blah blah blah" (I had Pneumonia when they told me). So, here I am again to talk to you about Christmas.

I got on a plane, went to Texas, and on my way I saw it again. I wrote about this over the summer, but sense no one knew who the hell I was over the summer, I suppose I shall just start the beginning.

Airport. Baggage Checking (yes, they checked my bag, they always do. they ALWAYS look at the books, I guess they think they're the anarchists cookbooks or something). And the X-ray machine for my bag. As the bag came flying from the machine, through the rubber strips that hid the inside, I saw it. You've seen it too. I know you have, everyone has. I saw a hand pushing the bag out. It was just for a split second, but I saw it. My mother didn't believe me. BUT I SAW IT.

So I get to Texas, land of the wild, free-range republicans, on Christmas Eve, and promptly go to sleep. When I wake up I find the Christmas presents. I eat the chocolate in the stocking and start opening.

The list:
-The Monty Python Calender
-The Monty Python Autobiography
-Lost First Season, and
-the original King Kong

I was happy with it. I had forgotten about CHristmas, and I honestly didn't care much, what with my recent departure from the belief system behind the holiday. It seems that as I get older, I start to forget about these simple celebrations. My birthday, for example. On the day of my birthday, I remembered that it was, I normally have some form of celebration, very rarely big, usually just a few friends. But I didn't say anything about it, and it just went away. It's kind of depressing. I'm gonna go turn up the airconditioning, turn down the lights and listen to "Wake Me Up WHne September Ends" now, I'll see ya'll when I emerge.

3 Comments:

Blogger adamoligist gasped, still in awe of the posts pure goodness...

i got lost first season. and king kong is f***ing great

2:54 PM  
Blogger breakerslion gasped, still in awe of the posts pure goodness...

You still out there?

8:20 PM  
Blogger breakerslion gasped, still in awe of the posts pure goodness...

Another abandoned effort (sigh).

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home