Monday, September 05, 2005

My Beliefs

From now on this blog is officially Atheist.

Here are my beleifs, as an atheist (I'll probably make a page to put this in later on):

1. There is no god. That goes for the Christian God, the Jewish God, Vishnu, Anubis, Zues, Achilles, Chac, Epona, Dionysus, Geb, Horus, Jesus, Juno, Jupiter, Nammu, Oden, Pan, Rama, Yum Kimil, the Giant Tree Frogs of Kakarugi, or any other deity, semi-diety, fairy, elf, gnome, devil, angel, or mermaid.

2. Nothing is impossible if given enough study and research by Science. It was impossible to fly, we flew. It was impossible to deal death from half way across the planet, we invented the Trident Submarine. We landed on the Moon, we landed on Mars, things we've made have gone outside of this solar system.

3. Religion has kept mankind from accomplishing things. When people are allowed to experiment and do things differently than what doctrine dictates, progress will be made.

4. I thoroughly respect religion and, as long as it does not hurt people, I have nothing against people practicing their religion.

5. I recognize religions importance in the evolution of mankind. A also recognize that it was needed to explain the unexplainable, and that now that we have Science, it is no longer needed.

6. I follow the evidence. If someone can show me undeniable evidence of the existence of God, I will know that God exists, and therefore believe in him. And this has to be evidence that I cannot disprove, and that no one else can. However, I am so certain that there will never be any such evidence, that I will give 200 dollars to the person that can produce it.

There might be more, I discover new aspects of myself every day.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous gasped, still in awe of the posts pure goodness...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:10 PM  
Blogger seth gasped, still in awe of the posts pure goodness...

...humans haven't landed on Mars, though.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Aeger gasped, still in awe of the posts pure goodness...

yes but we, as in things we've made, have been there.

6:03 PM  
Anonymous I Am gasped, still in awe of the posts pure goodness...

Congratulations. I'm glad you've come to a decision. I hope the thread at AO helped.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Aeger gasped, still in awe of the posts pure goodness...

That was the deciding factor.
It's amazing how much this blogosphere has changed me.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home