Sunday, July 24, 2005

Away Camp, Goodbye

I'm leaving for baway camp soon. In 1 and a half hours to be precise. I'll be gone for 2 weeks, at which point I will return and find the world much happier with me gone. Oh well, I'll have alot of IMing to do to get it back to the way it was. The drive up to Maine is around 6 hours long. I looked at the map of the camp, and every house (cabin actaully, becuase they want to give us an old time experience) is named after a bird. Also, we have a cabin labled "Aviary." So we either have an aviary, or thats where the councilors sleep. Anywho, this is a Quaker camp. And no, its not sitting around in silence praying all day (Why? To whom?). This is one of those generic, outside camps. Can't bring my BRAND NEW IPOD. *sob* And anyone can come, not just Quakers. Unlike JEWISH camp, *mumble mumble mumble*. So, I guess this is goodbye for now. . . Yup. . . What can I say to make this moment more fulfilling? What will permanently sear it into your memory, like a white-hot brand being slowly pushed into the side of your head? The answer: I don't know. That wasn't very brand-like. I'll try again. The answer: Even though I'll be gone, pertend that I'm here, send regular letters, call the house so many times that you force my mother to check herself into a mental institution, and most important of all, simulate you talking to me twice a day by smashing your head continually against a brick wall for 1 minute. Bye following these steps closely, you will not misout on a second of my absence, and I can rest easy, knowing the world is not becoming a better place. Thank you, and goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home